1st Stage / Carcass Drums
Return To All: 1st Stage / Carcass Drums
REC Drum (Radial Expand-Collapse)
The REC (Radial Expand – Collapse) Drum is as tough as it is accurate. As WYKO’s first major product launch in the mid-1980s, the REC Drum positively impacted the tire industry in a big way. Superior in design, quality, accuracy, and longevity to the typical rotary drums of that day, demand for the REC drum quickly spread globally. Now, with over a billion tires manufactured on WYKO REC drums since their debut, strong demand continues.
REC Drums are typically offered as 8-section (10-section models available) and use central spacers for width setting. WYKO offers a host of configurations and options to integrate into our customers’ machines and processes, including Run Flat (RFT).
- Precise: Extremely low radial and lateral runout
- Rigid: Loaded doors maintain accuracy even under load
- Quick-change: Speed Nuts used in shells allows for fast width change
- Can be actuated via rotary or push/pull machines (push/pull uses WYKO Conversion Arbor)
- Compatible with Run Flat (RFT)
- Excellent reliability and longevity
- Extendable life: Designed to allow for WYKO's rebuild/overhaul program to get the most out of your investment
- Low Total Cost of Ownership